Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ahh, the wisdom of children

I am so grateful for the honesty of children and their pure innocence! This past week I was cleaning the bathroom-because I am an amazing housewife, and when I clean the floors I do them on my hands and knees-a bit OCD im sure! So I here I am in my fashion no-no cleaning outfit, with my hair stylishly pinned out of my hair, you can imagine I was a awe inspiring site, plus I smelled like cleaning stuff, plus I had just scrubbed three toilets plus I was on my hands and knees cleaning yet another bathroom floor, when my darling little Emma comes in behind me pauses for a moment and says, "Momma, you have a big bootie". You can imagine my supriese at her comment and at that moment I didn't know if I should cry or laugh. Since then I have checked out my bootie and yes indeed it is big, in fact I am not sure if it surpasses my pregnant tummy at this point-if not they are a close tie. But what I have realized from my big bootie moment with Emma is that I can always count on her to be honest. For sure from now on she is approving all my outfits and hairstyles!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for the good ole belly laugh! I love your outlook!

Sara said...

Wait? Did you say your pregnant belly? Are you prego again? Congrats! I am so happy for you. Call me one of these decades and we can catch up!
love you!