Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas seems different

This year thing seem a bit different, while I found myself searching for the perfect gift amid all the Christmas furry I kept thinking 'why in the world do I do this? Even the night before after a few too many family parties and lots of wrapping and a night up until 3am helping Santa get things ready for the next morning, I kept thinking 'for the love'. And then the next morning my little Emma came running into my room to wake us up. Bubbling with excitment to see what Santa had brought and it all came back to me. Memories of when I was little, the anticipation of the Christmas season. Lying there listenting to Emma ramble on and on about what could be waiting upstairs for her and I realize why I did it all. To see Emma's face overwhelmed with pure delight made it all worth it. It all reminded me of how the simplest thing can make a child happy and how their lives are filled with such innocence. Hopefully with this new year I will take the time to watch the simple joy of my girls and learn from their Christlike example.

4 comments:

Eric and Brynn said...

Hello Hot Stott,
I am glad I found you! We have very exciting news. To find out, search for us at www.ericandbrynn.blogspot.com
Later,
Brynn

Eric and Brynn said...

Hello Hot Stott,
I am glad I found you! We have very exciting news. To find out, search for us at www.ericandbrynn.blogspot.com
Later,
Brynn

Chandi said...

It is fun when your kids are the age where they relly get into Christmas. I too love their excitement, and I too struggle over wether we are focusing on the important aspects of Chrismtas enough.

Chandi said...

You've been tagged. You're it!

www.chandeee.blogspot.com