Saturday, March 15, 2008

Why I shouldn't be allowed to talk outloud in public

So ive been out of the cyberspace loope for a few days since my computer has been broken and amid those soemwhat blessed days I have been trying to come up with something witty to write and i guess that turning 31 years old has caused a lapse in my charming comments. All i have been able to come up with is why i shouldn't be allowed to talk outloud in public. A few weeks ago I was at church in the back with Hailey. It was fast Sunday and I was feeling like it was just about time for me to bare my testimony since due to my often naughtiness I haven't felt like I wouldnt be inspired by the spirit. Well I took the long walk up to the pulpit. I started saying how I felt about spiritual things always on the verge of tears-since I am a girl, and then I did it. I began ending my testimony and saying things about how I loved President Hinkley etc. then it came out, the innappriopriate comment and reason why I shouldn't be allowed to talk out loud in public. I said, "and I know President Monsen is a prophet even though he looks like Al from Happy Days..." Yep I said that in public, at church, in front of a lot of people. Im not sure why I said it or why I ever say things out loud that are naughty and innappropriate but I do. So in summary for the future if I'm ever with any of you and you notice me heading towards a micraphone or some short of instrument that would allow me to be heard by many people I give all of you permission to stop me whatever it takes!

9 comments:

debra said...

This story is reason # 947 that I freakin' love you! You are the only person I know who can get away with saying that! Why wasn't I at church with you that day??? I totally would have stood up cheering for you! Maybe not, but still... that is a GOOD story Cali!

Chandi said...

You wouldnn't be you any other way. I agree with your other friend. Somehow you can get away with saying things that other people just can't.

I had no idea we are the same age? You are really 31?

Jade said...

So funny. Member when you were in charge of the newsletter in your ward? Thanks for keeping things interesting. I wish you were in my ward!

Denise said...

That's a classic. Cali, you always keep things interesting and fun!

Johnsens said...

I died laughing when I read your blog. It reminded me when you bore your testimony in Logan and would say something inappropriate and then turn around and apologize to the Bishop. I love that you are the same person everyday of the week!

Carrie and Shane said...

Yay, I'm glad you got your computer fixed so I can read all your great stories. Casey is lucky to have you!

Jaclyn B. said...

Casey is the zen and you are the zannie! I wish I was in your ward so I could look forward to fast sundays and the ward news letters even more!

m@R(! said...

oh how i miss you at church...your story made me laugh so hard.

Stephne said...

OMG! I LOVE YOU!!!!! You totally say things that everyone is thinking, but nobody wants to say!!!! Only Cali can get away with it!