Sunday, April 27, 2008

a more perfect world

Lately it has come to my attention that many breathtakingly beautiful women are not only drop dead georgous, but they are tall, have perfect hair that blows perfectly in the wind, sikly soft sunkissed skin and are skinny. And so what i have decided is that no one is allowed to have it all. Either you get to be short and breathtakingly beautiful with perfect hair or you get to be tall and skinny with sunkissed skin and ugly. It just doesnt seem fair that some of you ladies get it all while the rest of us only get some of the good attributes. I have decided to make this a matter which will be someday presented to someone who might be able to do something about my dilema and make the world more equally distributed in perfect attributes. In the mean time I plan to simply keep adding more masscarra to my long lashes, brushing my hair every night at least 100 times, wearing the highest heals possible and practice having my hair blow perfectly in the wind with my blow dryer! And for those of you reading this who do fit the perfect description above- i love you but grrr!

4 comments:

Chandi said...

I've had similar thoughts myself. Like how to some women get their makeup to stay on all day. Mine seriously just falls off after 2-3 hours. It's just gone. I have yet to figure it out.

Your new blog look is way cute. I don't know what you're talking about when you say you worked for hours and got nowhere on it. Check out this link www.blogginbeautifully.blogspot.com It's my friends and it's where I got my cute background. She also made my header for me with her scrapbook program. It takes you step by step on how to change your template if you find one you like on her site. If not another cute place is www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com

Good luck. Email me or call if you have questions

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! All those women who have it all are just making the rest of us feel bad about ourselves. It shouldn't be allowed! I have also noticed they always dress perfectly as well...sigh...
However! I think you are beautiful Cali!

Jaclyn B. said...

Just remember, those beautiful women that you see have all been airbrushed, photoshoped, digitally enhanced, or over beauty-pagented.

You can never complain about your blog not being cute and creative again. So fun! Love the colors, and moreover, the content.

wispy willow said...

What kills me is when a woman with long, silky hair, perfect, blindingly white teeth, lushy lashed, battery operated blue green eyes, a golden tan, flat stomach, and legs that reach from here to eternity complains about her looks. Makes me just want to slap her!!

BUT, then again...Some (maybe even the majority) of the world's really beautiful ladies are about as bright as a walnut. That's kinda sad, don't ya think? And even the devestatingly gorgeous woman with an IQ of 152 will rarely ever be asked a question any more difficult than, "What's your phone number?" because the average man on the street could care less if there's a brain lurking somewhere beneath her deep chestnut brown, natural curls.

Most of the Stott women... and the lovely ladies the Stott men married and magically "poofed" into being Stott women... have no complaints in the "lovely to look at" department. We make for a very nice looking family portrait. Even with the aging matron of the group with her thinning hair and thickening body in there somewhere.

Perfection is an illusion. That's why Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and some extremely good photographers and hair colorists are driving very expensive cars and living in multi million dollar homes in several exotic locations.

You, however... are a beauty, Cali... and so is Chandi and all the rest of you who will be commenting.