Thursday, May 1, 2008

i will not be defeated

So i decided that it is time for me to get off my big bootie and get back to the gym so i can not only get rid of my relief society arms but also be in shape to run after hailey as soon as she starts walking-yikes.
And so i bought a new gym membership last night, got up early today, put on my not so hot momma work out clothes, pinned back my hair and was off to the gym. I put in my time-spent and hour and a half at the gym, doin' my cardio and then my strength training and sweating like a man. So i come home and eat a healthy breakfast, drink lots of water and am feeling good about myself and my efforts to get back on the hot mom track and then she does it. My darling little emma who is always so observant says as im taking another gulp of my daily dose of water, "mom your tummy looks like there is a baby in there". Are you servious? I felt shocked and defeated as if all my good works for the day were ruined. But just as i went to grab a bowl for my emotional crisis ice cream eating binge, her words rang through my ears. So i put down the big ice cream spoon, had another swig of water and ran into my room to do a million sit ups. I have decided that while I am not in the size zero i expect to be someday i will not be defeated by the innocent remarks of a child but will let those harsh words echo in my head and be my motivator for putting the chocolate fattening yumminess down and running to the nearest healthy get me thin foods!

5 comments:

wispy willow said...

ha ha ha ha ha... this so makes me want to laugh... I mean fall of off the chair, can't catch my breath, laugh.

It's so hard for some of us to dig out of maternity weight. And some, some in this family, actually... who's names shall not be mentioned here, manage to lose 45 pounds while giving birth to a seven pound, three ounce, baby and come straight from delivery looking svelte.

Now THIS is something that simlpy isn't fair. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with who has the hardest..or the longest.. contractions. It seems like maybe it could at the very least be tied into that, somehow. Of course, if that was the criteria, I could top of the scales at... oh, oops!! BROKEN. I had extremely easy pregnancies and deliveries. But, I think it's just the Gods on Mt. Olympus playing favorites or having a good time toying with some of us poor mortals.

At any rate... you hang in there girl! Keep up the attitude, grab a stick of celery, do another ten on the eliptical, and watch those "relief society" arms shrink, and pant size get teensy. You're on your way!

Chandi said...

We could all use a little Emma to get us motivated. Don't give up. You still haven't posted the hilarious drawing of hers.

By the way, you did it! Nice new blog look.

Jade said...

Oh how I love you and your blog posts and your hottness! Yes I second Chandi's comment, please post the pictures Emma drew. T minus 6 days till we can play!!!

Johnsens said...

This is definitely one of those Kids say the darndest things...

Denise said...

Cali, you make me laugh. That's funny. Little Emma, bless her heart.