Friday, December 5, 2008

YeAh mE!



So i dont claim to be a big work out queen but ever since my car accident I have wanted to run in a race. Im sure it is because of all my broken bones and the fact that my doctors all told me i could never run again, that i always felt sad and grouchy that there was something i could never do. a few months ago i was on a walk and i decided i was going to try running, now preface-i havent run for seven years and anytime i tried i was in agonizing pain and i had to stop after a few steps. so i started running thinking it would end up the same way, but as i kept running i didn't have any pain. it was the greatest thrill and i decided i would try running again. day after day i ran and while my body had a few achey moments i kept going. one weekend my brother in law suggested a 5k and i decided i was going to do it and began training. now i know a 5k really isnt that far but well on Thanksgiving day i did it, i ran my first 5k! so yep im bragging, i ran a 5k and its a big deal and reason for me to celebrate lots and lots because i got hit by a car and was not supposed to run ever again! thanks for letting me have my moment!

8 comments:

The Kelly's said...

Good for you!!! That is so awesome! I think a 5K is a big deal because that is the most that i would ever be able to run! I am excited for you!! We miss you guys and can't wait to be back home, we will be home for the holidays 22-Jan 5th so we hope to see you!

Christina

Chandi said...

You have proved victorious! Way to go. You and that iron will.

wispy willow said...

Hall- lay- lew- YA!!!

Atta Girl!! Good for you. I'd say that a 5K is a big deal. It's a HUGE deal.

Are you going to keep going? Is this a new addiction or something?

Cali... I am so dang PROUD OF YOU!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I've been wanting to do this for a year and you give me a reason to find a 5K and go do it! I've been running for awhile but, never have run a race. It is even more amazing after what you have been through!

Carrie and Shane said...

I'm going to tell you that you can NEVER send me $20.

Jessica Hughes said...

Cali I'm so darn proud of you that;s great. I've been training too for the last 7 weeks and I did too my first 5K and I beat my own time I thought I'd do it. I was proud of myself. Never have I ran a race. It felt sooo good even though it was sooo hard for me to keep going to the end. Kinda like life! great Job!!!!

Lynley said...

Now, to get the Caser up and running....

Big Congratulations Cali. Sweet accomplishment.

Trina said...

Wow Cali, that is so inspiring to me. I am excited for you. I too am going to try running. I have always been a fair weather walker and I haven't really run since before the little ones came into my life. But I am going to try this Spring to get back into shape. So your inspiring story touched me. Good for you Cali! Love ya!